Tuesday, April 28, 2009

19 Tulips



I feel like I am a living movie,
the scene of your death was so cliche
and now, here I lay
whispering musings to your grave
I close my eyes, a single tear falls
I wonder if I should let them free

But I don't want to intrupt your rest
I hear the birds singing a love-filled lullaby
and I lay my head down beside you
imagining your face in the gray ground

I remember how they lowered you in,
encased with white pillows,
in a light wooden box
Inside vibrant royal blue you rest
your name encased in stainless steel.

I tell myself, if it was me
no place I would rather be
than right here, 8 feet under
with my lover reaching down

I cry and I smile
I curl into a ball
I steal a stone from the grave yard

the only place I find peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment