Sunday, April 26, 2009

I Caught You

I caught myself smiling today,
Living in the moment
I felt purity in my heart
Beautiful, in the springtime
The time we fell in love

My favourite part of the year
When life begins anew
The small sparks of life
Sprout from winter death

I caught myself feeling beautiful
Doing something that I loved.
I looked into the mirror and saw
Two eyes of different colours
Two eyes so alive
And I remember how you loved me
Looking into me
Kissed my ear hello

I lay in the grass
Feel the sun warm my soul
Thinking back to times of beauty
When I curled up next to you
Kissed you on the lips
Oh, my very first
Sensations of love, so refreshed
So new, strange
Powerful

I caught myself crying
A single lonely tear
And I remember how you carried me
The second time I saw you

I remember how you treated me
So delicately, like a flower
Your hand tingles on my shoulder
As you protect me,
Your little vanilla bean.

And I caught the spring breeze
Remembered how it felt
To fall in love

Closed my eyes
Joy whispered in my ear
A small kiss from the wind


I’m watching

No comments:

Post a Comment